Tuesday 9 December 2014

LSG(Student hand book) UPDATE

As one if interned designs did not fit my desired look,I decided I would still use the idea of text in my work,but instead,  would not be making it into any type of shape like seen below:


My new idea was to uses bold and eye catching fonts(that would still include words relating to the college).As you can see it's still a work in progress but I shall research more into this idea.

This design would be the front of the LSG hand book and I will be painting it and scanning it in so I can finish it off. Hopefully in the date given.
While researching I found ideas like mine which interested me like:
This picture in particular intrested me because of the way the text added yo the picture.when I looked closer I noticed that the man's beard was also made out of Text which I thought was quite a intresting touch to the picture.
This picture also looks like the one o like my chosen artist would have done.
I personally like this piece.
Another picture that caught my eye was this one:
One of the main reasons this picture caught my eye was because straight away I could recognize who it was.Using a well know celebrity and lyrics from his song impressed me. I like the way that the colours are simple but contrast well.
I hope to do something like this in one of my future LSG booklets.

I found a very simple (and very basic design)  that I thought was good for guidance lines: 

This one reminded me of something you would see on in cafes (I'm not sure why).The use of colours is okay but I shall avoid this type of font as I personally find it to be quite dull.

I have tried using these styles in some of my sketches,here are some examples:
With this picture I will be colouring it in, for example the hair will be brown so text on the top will be brown.I'm very impressed with how this turned out in the end.This also helped me with portrait work.Not sure if I should have left the shading below the eyes out.

Another idea that was a lot more simple was just to have one or two words(so it wouldn't appear more crowded).
I shall be colouring this up as well to see what it will look like in colour.







No comments:

Post a Comment