Monday 15 December 2014

LSG(final design 3 )

For example ; Success,Enjoy,Shine etc...
These word are meant to aspire the readers (who will be starting out in North Notts college 
Fir this design I looked at well used tattoos people would have(later I would use these as doodles to put on the front of the LSG book)
Here is a example of a bird tattoo that I took inspiration from:
I really love the detail in the wings and the way the bird has a leaf on its chest is quite a nice touch.
I also looked up books that had been op-ed up in diffrent ways(as silly as it's sounds I wanted it to be opened up towards the person so it would look like you could look into it)
This was my result: 
This was the first type of book I considered for my front cover, I like the way the book looks sketchy and old. Although it would not really suit my LSG front cover well as it may be a little complicated for a doodle.
My other search was:
Already this was one of the ones I thought would be more suitable for my doodle as it's a lot less complicated and could easily be draw in black pen.
I finally found one that would help influence my final doodle:
This one's perfect. and easy to work with so I worked on making it into my own design.I mostly got rid of the page details. 
I used a simple enlarge symbol that you see on all computers (Enlarge your future was the idea) I found my ideal doodle straight away:
These not really much else I can say  as there's not much I could change about this design.

My design before hand had a very obvious spelling mistake which was , instead of 'Success' it read 'succses'. This mistake was fixed by using the Lasso tool which helped me select letters and swap them around.
On the back of the booklet there is the email address,Phone number,and where to find North notts.
If i could do this design again and improve it i would have not painted the back ground and left it the same colour as the back of the booklet.Also i would have checked my spellings before i could the letters in so i do not have to edit over and over again.
Things i do like about the design are the clouds and the border they were given (they were used to make sure that the clouds were distinguished from the background).I enjoyed designing this book front the most.

*Here are the rough sketches of my idea for the doodles that will go on the front.
My next step would be to colour these in black.



No comments:

Post a Comment