Tuesday 15 March 2016

Poster 3 work and inspiration (ideas that didn't work)

Idea taken from the back of a Playboy magazine a advertising a beer called Schmitz.I found this good because pf the slanted compass.Its catchy slogan also drew me to the idea as well.With my design i wanted to use these clever ideas so set out to make a similar idea.
(c) Jos. Schlitz brewing co. milawaukee and other great citizen.

Here is the start of my first idea using this method.I feel like i should make the font bigger and i will be taking a macro lens shoot as well of a real person.  Prehaphs i shall take a picture of someone holding a paint brush from that similar angle. 
I have now added a slight grainy effect to the page to make it look a little older and more worn.I feel it adds a little and doesn't make the page look as crisp.
A screen shoot of said image above.

For my font i went for the idea of using a font(from daft) called Loki cola.This highly and most obviously resembles coca cola and has a very old and swerve font which goes well with my idea(almost matching the font found on the poster).
Below is a quick screen shot of said font and a link to the font in intend to use:

http://www.dafont.com/loki-cola.font?text=%93UK+creative+industries+generate+%A384.1bn++a+year+to+the+UK+economy%94

other designs that didn't make the cut;








No comments:

Post a Comment