Tuesday 22 March 2016

FMP starting brief

FMP PLAN
My brief has since expanded from trying to make a simple plate that disgusted people to a more in
depth subject I.E parts of the human body that are seen as negative or are found to be something that is taboo in todays society.One of my main choices was parts of the female body(which included males but in a lesser degree as there has always been less to be thought of on a male figure as bad and that should be covered up).I also felt that my experience as a women would help me become more passionate in this subject area and would also make me more passionate in the whole fmp and would help me to get my views across.I am yet to find artists that i can use to influence my work but have found some who's images are great as examples.
For my research i have searched up breasts and clitorus images and pictures that could be viewed(though the irony was that there were next to none or those that could be viewed would be on adult matter sites).As i felt it would help i bought old vintage Playboy magazines that were originally from 1969 onwards.With this i hoped to see what the stance on nudity and adult art was back then.To my surprise it was all very clean(as in only breasts were shown and very little sex was on show).The magazines also showcased some very impressive art that i have yet to post about properly and review.
I have since drawn images from said playboy magazines and have to admit i have become quite fond of using them as a guide.
I also looked to get the opinions from my fellow art peers and to see what their thoughts were on both the subject i wished to cover and the magazines i brought in.Both got a positive review and helped me to feel relaxed with what i was doing.Though i fell if i went into another area(say music)and was to show them the same images i may get the very response which i hope my pottery will hopefully revoke.While i feel this may be a quite bold statement to make i feel as art students can be more open to such subjects as we were given opportunities to have nude drawing sessions.
Going back to my idea in its simplest form i have been making plates which i researched different textures for.Most artists i have looked up are listed on my blogger from before and show different and diverse tecniques (like how they would blast the pots or how they would let it rot or wither).I have spoke in length about different artists and where i could possibly get my pots fired.I have also sketched out the ideas on paper which i have yet to collect.For now though i am concentrating more on my design than the actual pot(but still this is to be considered).
I have drawn multiple sheets with designs i plan to use and have made sure to include great detail in all.These are all included in my sketches and i must admit i am very proud so far.For this lesson,i should note,i have also bought some significantly better pens.
To conclude i am throughly enjoying this unit but feel as i have only just got fully into it.Also i am happily ideas have evolved as it is something i have always felt passionately about(as i feel many do as well).My next step is to combine my drawings and pots to make a set of 3 final pieces.




No comments:

Post a Comment