Saturday 12 September 2015

box making examples

This was my first attempt at making a small and flat base from my own knowledge.As expected it didn't work out and would not be able to support any product.As seen on the picture above i had expressed the measurements of the product.I shall not be using this layout but it has given me a few ideas to avoid in the future.

This is the final product,Also i should not that they was next to no room for the flaps so the product was stiff when i tried to fold it,


My second attempt was a more simple cube.I personally don't see this working for me as the packaging i have decided to use should be longer and thinner.I can see how a cube would be more cost effective as it would be easy to stack and east to carry around.

This was the final result.
From this layout i drew i have made a to scale one on Adobe illustrator.This one is more accurate and has square flaps then planned.I may have to cut a more circular shape into them.Here is the up to date template:
I will be printing this out and cutting it into shape to see if this will work.I have higher hope then i did with the last products as i have personally checked the measurements and have also worked with illustrator more closely.



No comments:

Post a Comment