Tuesday 7 April 2015

Front cover work (ideas to final design)

For the front cover of my Comic I decided to look at multiple things,first was the text for my comic,Here are some examples I considered in my research:
I found this one quite intresting in the way it was very thin(compared to the other fonts I had looked at)Also I found it very simple and considered it for my comic.

I liked this one especially because of its bold,attention seeking,layout.The more dramatic the word,the bigger the font would be.
I came to the conclusion that,although both font ideas were nice,I would stick to drawing the lettering by hand as I belive it gives a nice touch to the book front.

After my search for a font came to a end I began looking at diffrent comic layouts (some good examples I could find were in Marvel and DC comics)
Some examples found were:
I stated off by looking at what I imagined would be one of the most intresting comic company's (marvel)to use for examples and ideas.This one appealed to me mostly because it includes one of my favorite characters (which is Wolverine) .But because likes the way that dark shading has been uses to contrast Wolverine from the background (which appears to be a mint green colour).Also the way images have been put in the back ground also makes Wolverine stand out as he is darker then the rest.

This comic by marvel also interested me by the way that one character was overlayed. This made the reader look at two parts of the front cover.I asks o really like the colour scheme that is used for this particular comic As it gives off quite a adult vibe(with all the dark colours) though I do nit think I will be using this as a direct example it is always good to look at other ideas.

This is by my favorite one and the one I will be trying to base my front cover on,what I like most about it is that the head (or man) is in the centre of the page and this becomes the vocal pinot of the front cover. I also like how the other characters are shown to be debating around him.This gives the cover a very intresting look.The colour scheme on the page is not really to my taste(and would not really go with my comic)but is something to keep in mind if I consider doing the front cover in a Marvel esc way.

My final front cover idea (photo reference) :
For my final front cover idea I used one of my class mates hands a s a example to draw from.I then drew the world of Gurms (which I explained in a other blog)in the middle of the hand.
(Insert image)




No comments:

Post a Comment