Thursday 2 April 2015

Evaluation of final comic



Above are screen shots of my work.Most are segments of the comic it's self and not pages 

Final comic strip finished:
Above is the front cover.

Evaluation;
My comic was made using Photoshop,illustrator,and mostly my own drawings.The pictures  i took were taken in Bradford lake and around the college.I vastly prefer the pictures taken at bradford as they are better quality.Though the price for all my pictures being in high quality as that this made the computer lag and sometimes it would freeze up completely.I would then uses the images i took in the background and mess around with the brightness,levels,and Hugh and saturation,until i was happy with the picture.I tried to give each picture a dark comic style.This was decided after i did research into different comic styles.
All my characters in the comic really go well with the background.I have enjoyed drawing them out but would have loved to do all the comic by hand.As i had a lot of problems(specially with photoshop).On my past blogs i have explained the characters and their profiles(please see others).I researched layout that would be suitable for my comic and came up with a slightly circular and my comic panels fit in perfectly.
I had before thought of using a sketchy effect for the panels but wanted the back ground to be black(and for obvious reasons this would have not worked).

I was going to have the speech bubbles in grey but had to think of colour blind or those who struggle to see colours.Also by making the bubbles white it attracts people to the comic and the taking parts straight away.
The actual font its self is Papyrus in 0.5pt.I believe that Papyrus suits my comic style as it gives it a slight edge.The font was in a colour black for the simplicty.
The overall project went well though I do feel that it was quite a rush to get it finisged.I am happy that I stayed behind to help get to the end though as I am impressed to see my comic.come to life.If I had chance to do anything differently it would be to have learnt some of the Photoshop tricks before hand (this would have helped in saving more time).Also I would have made ,at least,  a few more pages for my comic.





No comments:

Post a Comment