Monday 24 November 2014

Art deco

 Art Deco is an influential visual arts design style that first appeared in France after World War I and began flourishing internationally in the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s before its popularity waned after World War II.[1] It is an eclectic style that combines traditional craft motifs with Machine Age imagery and materials. The style is often characterized by rich colours, bold geometric shapes and lavish ornamentation. (Taken from Wikipedia)
Vogue magazine front.I really like this picture simply because of the elegance behind it. The way the woman holds the mirror does appear to be very' vogue' .I also like the slight colour fade throughout all the picture. And both blues go well together. 



poster Art deco themed.This picture personally made me think of Futurism and what futurists were trying to achieve with their pictures and ideas(futuristic goals like machines) 
I will most likely be using the ideas of having buildings in the back ground,foreground,e.g...


Art deco paper craft.
Although I would not know how to incorporate paper craft into my work I still like the way this piece has been put together. Using paper and crafted roses seems like a smart idea.

As seen above are some examples of art deco. These pictures give off a 1930 vibe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment