Thursday 7 January 2016

Distressed materials shapes and drawing styles

My examples and ideas that would lead towards the completatin of my unit.I really want to express my ideas and drawings without being afraid that my style and art work isn't good enough.Some of the work I will be posting will go through rough ideas.
I feel as if I get all my ideas out in the open it will help me to decide what to do with all the information I have gained.This unit has been,by far,one of the most important to me about what I shall do in the future.
Examples of pots that I have worked on:
1.
A general look

Close.up

Turned over

Out of all my tries and attempts to begin with.I liked this one the most due to its range of colours and it's shape even though it did not by any means fit into my ideas of.making a pot it still was a starting point by all means though I deal I would have hated it as mum h as.I disliked the others had it not been for the colours.


A general look

From above 
This pot is a lot bigger and heavier then it looks and weighed more then you'd of thought.it had no colour and was by far my simplest pot.made from Litrally scooping out the clay from a lump and then shaping it.Not much else can be said about this other than its np where near acceptable.

A general look

Looked at from the side 

A close up
This pot was shaped to have mini holes which I made using a pencil of which I shoved into the other while it dried to make said holes.The pot also received a slight dusting as well which gave it a intresting look.I took this idea of my pot being slightly corroded from ceramic artist which helped me.with this idea: 
Below are the fist sketchy I made.of these pots and.the start of my ideas:



A close up look

Looking down
This pot was by far my least favorite as it gave me no reason to like. The pottery tried at a bad angle thus leaving it leaning and I was unable to use it.Most pierce of it looked like.it would fall off and crumble.which for the work I wised to presume (Work that was disgusting and made people react to it negatively would have of worked but in hindsight I never thought this far)

Overall these beginning ideas were good and I and I felt they helped me start out in my project knowing what worked and what didn't 

No comments:

Post a Comment