Friday 30 June 2017

refr=eral (evaluation)

Overview
(Review of my work)
As of yesterday i found out i had a referral for my work as it was not up to the standard of which it should be to get a pass(which now i have a referral is all i can get).My main goal in the two weeks i have been given is to bring my project together and plug the gap which brought my grades down, Feedback i was given from my tutors was accurate(maybe why it hurt a little too much ) but was something i could achieve in the time i was given . Suggestions that i was given was a s such
My work had a massive leap(which had been effected when i had been given feedback from my tutor which geared me off into a enjoyable but some what fast passed and unexplained direction).
The actual work i had done was okay to look at (had nice styles)but really had no purpose when it came to the way i presented it.AS in it would have been better in a magazine or some type of political or satirical magazine with a type of caption to accompany it
My sketch book didn't show the full extent of how i had switched(my sketchbook was okay but lacked what the tutors looked for but i feel this was a subjective quote as a sketch book cant be wrong it can only be for yourself and for those who don't understand it theres no real answer for it.
Though i may still be a little bit bitter about my work not receiving what i would of wanted praise wise but this is life i suppose.

(Next day research)
Later on i spoke with my tutor again and things were cleared up and i could grasp what i needed to do.And what i could look at.As a mentioned that i had considered putting my work into a style such as private eye (and that i had looked at it ) this gave me the idea to do something or take inspiration from their type of work.This could be drawings or pen work(even paint work) in which there would be a subject and then a little quote underneath giving a hint or giving the looker a clue as to what was going on.
My tutor spoke to me about one drawing that he felt was not only the strongest but the most me out of all my portfolio this was a image that i had quickly sketched out without thought as a practice image. i was going to base my future (or more completion work on this )maybe bringing back my life drawing (which i could include in my folder) as part of my development (drawing out a few quick sketches and including them in my sketchbook
The last piece of feed back i got which really set me off was that i should make my work about me and maybe turn my audience(which was the main and most curtail reason for my low grades)
turning my audience to myself as a women (but not making it all to feminist making it about myself)
 A example i automatically thought of was D.Trump and his grab her by the pussy situation the way that he shaped the men around him to be horrible to women and start to treat them the way he does.
Maybe have a image of me reacting to it or maybe my face in horror as i see trump using my own images.

What i need to do next:
My next thoughts over the next two weeks is to pull my work together (work on another sketch book which simply illustrates my ideas(exploring past mediums in said book) trying some of these ideas on paper and filling my portfolio out further (adding some bits).
Start on and make images even if they are in just inks for final pieces though i would prefer paint so i could still stick with my FMP
Edit my project proposal and print out so that it will be more open to my ideas.
look at the private eye magazines and my research as well as viz and look at the political side and maybe even use the FAT SLAGs from VIZ as some type of inspiration (could do a large amount of detailed sketches which leads up to my final outcome.
And most importantly clean up and paperwork thats important
as well as soon taking down my work.

Resources i should add to my list and use in the future:
VIZ
Playboy images and sketches in cartoon section
Punch magazine (something which is 99% images )


No comments:

Post a Comment