Friday 30 June 2017

private eye magaszinces (first refrence)


References and artist to use
For one of my ideas i decided to look at one magazine which would be perfect for my researching and a great way to tie in the rest of my work.That was The Private Eye magazine a political and satire magazine.One image i did find was the one shown below which caught my eye mainly became of its use of colours simple images (nothing to complex that couldn't be done) but was the way it had been set out,just a blank background which made the image pop.
I will be taking this into my work and look more into it.


Ink medium drawing,http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-The Private Eye,Roystom,(2017),nnbHMw5GK1s/VHiB1122GgI/AAAAAAAAFPw/ahxGX7ayBWA/s1600/royston_paddington_film_cartoon.jpg,found friday 30th 2017,

Another one that really did catch my attention and in some aspects relate to what i was doing was this image:

Nick Newman 


Ink on paper medium, (2017),http://assets.itsnicethat.com/system/files/112013/527cddec5c3e3c37cc0000cb/images_slice_large/p-160-Austin-Eve.jpg?1438268450,image found on Friday the 30th 2017,

Both funny and the type of thing i would draw (breasts be honest ).something i want to look into maybe even merge it with one of my ideas (looking at making me naked and drawing me as such, in shame to represent how o feel or felt towards a certain subject (alone and afraid).
I then took the chance to look more into some of the artist who drew for the paper (as there were more then one that would frequent them).Below are more images found that will be used as reference from the artist above:

link of the private eye cartoon website is link below more for myself:
http://www.private-eye.co.uk/cartoons

link to the youtube video of a interview with Ian and Nick9the cartoonist) Part of the private eye crew explaining about the cartoons and their general work, while not effecting my work as such it is still interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z51iMZen-jg


No comments:

Post a Comment