Wednesday 24 June 2015

Keith Haring(supporting Bus shelter wall work)

For Unit 34 my first thoughts were to use Keith harings work to influence my own.I have always like his style and thought i could make it my own in some way.Below are some examples of the work he has done which i have studied:
The picture seen above is my favourite that h has done.I love the range of characters on show in this image. Theres a range of animals and humans(all different colours etc).He manages to make some images quite funny was well which is a bonus.
This design in particular has influenced my work the greatist. The colours are the same as mine( i did not do this intentionally though).
Keith also did black and white images that looked just as good as the work that had colour.
A little information about Keith Haring himself:
Keith Allen Haring (May 4, 1958 – February 16, 1990) was an American artist and social activist whose work responded to the New York City street culture of the 1980s by expressing concepts of birth, death, sexuality, and war. Haring's work was often heavily political and his imagery has become a widely recognized visual language of the 20th century.
*The information above has been taken from Wikipedia and to my knowledge is true.



No comments:

Post a Comment