Tuesday 12 May 2015

Unit 3 finished designs

I would like to start with the last design i did in they unit. This one is one of my favourites as i am impressed with the abstract edge i have added.The blocks that are scatted around are supposed to represent houses(as in the houses around worksop)and there is a path leading towards the viewer and away from the priory church(which,of course,is in worksop).

This design is supposed to represent how we,Worksop,grow as a town.The tree,which grows towards the building to suggest that our town has both buildings and trees.My main problem with this design is the way the sun looks.For a start The "beams" coming off the main bit of it makes it look more like  a flower.Besides that i would have liked to make the lines slightly thicker for a better effect.My favourite part of the design is the road and how it leads towards the viewer.This was a aesthetic choice made to make my design look better.I think,looking at my design now,That the clouds should have been done diffrently.


A personal favourite of mine.This design has had a few compliments as it is the best looking one.I like the way i have incorporated "The all seeing eye" into my design. This is supposed to represent the fact that we all have the wisdom in our hands to progress and grow(like the moon).
Though points were raised ,while talking with others,that the moon theme may offend those of the islamic state.This being said the flag includes a moon with a small star(which is not included in my design)so i may be safe to keep my design the same. 

The last design is a lighter colour then the rest because of the way it was formatted.This issue was fixed later on.This design was supposed to be a simple one.Using lines and shapes only. The straight lines come together to make building(more or less like theses in worksop and Retford).The sun is shown in the back ground,like beams of light.This deign is not as strong as my others as converting it its opacity has taken the nice dark and light tones out of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment