Thursday 30 October 2014

NNC Learners survival guide work.

While researching ideas for the front of my Learners survival guide I came the idea to use the template of old movie posters, I searched for templates and came across a artist named 'Peter strain'( unforantly I could not but a link to his page]
whose artwork mixed interesting fonts and his own stylised versions of movies as seen below:
This piece interested me because of the way it made up the face.Also how the landscape behind the figure is normal which i quite like.My favourite part about the picture is the stars behind the picture which gives the picture a interesting look.
As this is from one of my favourite movies this one automatically grabbed my attention.
I love the way the back ground is made up of words(which are actually from one of the songs in the movie).The fonts used on this picture is also quite interesting.
The final picture that caught my eye was this one(which is very much like the first picture in the way  it partly has writing).Generally this picture is something too consider in my future work with the LSG.


When I saw these it gave me the idea to use fonts to maybe make a whole picture. These words could be ones that come to mind when you think of college. For example 'Art' and 'friends' simple words.
Also the colour schemes on the pictures above has lead me to think that I should try include darker colours in my own work. All these ideas will be put into one of three of my designs. After which I will decide on my final one.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment